3351 Canfield Road, Sebastopol CA 95472
Artisan Olive Orchard
Intimate Artisan Olive Orchard
Offered at $1,098,000
- Established meticulously planted, staked and pruned olive trees in prime production cover over ten acres of gently rolling hillside. Building and leach field envelopes included.
- High Density Planting
- Open Vase Scaffolding
- Optimal Light Penetration
- Complete Pollination
- Even Ripening
- Maximum Production
- Designed to Hand Harvest
Award winning Tuscan Blend Varietals
The world class growing climate of Sebastopol, California is home to this extraordinary olive orchard. This specific region is famous world-wide for its excellent “Pinot Noir” growing climate as evidenced by neighboring “Kendall Jackson” and “J Vineyards”. This climate and rich soil are also perfect for olive trees. The coastal air flow harnessed by meticulously positioned trees provides the optimal air for complete pollination. The orchards are oriented to capture deep light penetration for even ripening of these rare varietals chosen for hand crafted olive oils. High yields can be expected to continue for years to come from these well designed orchards. Since the Olive Trees are 15 years old they are fully mature and that’s quite an accomplishment because olive trees do not yield sizeable fruit until many years of established growth.
This parcel has a total of 2,000 mature trees, planted in 2001. The predominant variety is Leccino (1,600 trees) with smaller amounts of Frantoio (300 trees) and some Maurino (100 trees), planted as pollinators.
Olive varietals from Tuscany, France, Spain, Sicily and Sardinia
These varietals produce the popular Tuscan blend, known worldwide for its substantial deeply complex flavors, colors and aromatics, which have won Gold, Best of Class and Best of Show Medals.
This high density planting of 15 ft. between row by 14 ft. in row, allows for maximum production without sacrificing quality. The open vase scaffold of the olive trees makes it easy for harvest: allowing light penetration for even ripening. Maurino olives were planted as pollinators, laid out every 4th row, every 6th tree, for complete pollination. Hand harvested (late fall) using battery operated rakes and nets, it is not uncommon to harvest six tons per day in a good year.
The orchard is managed sustainably. This parcel has an approved building and leach field envelope, as well as expansive views, and a newer asphalt road with a gated entrance. Use it as is or develop it into your custom dream home surrounded by breathtaking scenery.
- Approx 10.17 Acres
- Approx 2000 Total Trees
- Approx 1600 Leccino Trees
- Approx 300 Frantoio Trees
- Approx 100 Maurino Trees
- Maurino Tree Pollinators
- Peak Producing Age
- Approved Building Envelope
- Approved Leach Field Envelope
- Asphalt Road
- Gated Entrance
Tuscan Blend Varietals
- Deep Complex Flavors
- Rich Color and Aromatics
- Award Winning Product
- High Producing
- Intimate Size
- Adjacent to Crush Facility
- Opportunity to Interplant
- Rich Terroir
Purchase Options Property can be purchased separately or any combination of parcels. Pricing is as follows:
- 3351 Canfield Road, Approx 10.17 Acres, Olive Orchards, Offered at $1.098M
- 3387 Canfield Road, Approx 24.43 Acres, Crush Facility, Offered at $4.988M
- 3555 Canfield Road, Approx 20.46 Acres, 7 Bedroom Septic, Well, Wind Turbine, Offered at $1.988M
- 3351, 3387, 3555 Canfield Road, Approx 55.06 Acres, purchased together, Offered at $7.888M